Clinic Medical Assistant – Float
Reports to: Clinic Director
Description: The Clinic Medical Assistant – Float works under broad supervision to assist medical providers with patient care, including vitals, medications, completes patient history information during medical visit. The Clinic Medical Assistant provides phlebotomy services; completes diagnostic requisition forms and assists in scheduling diagnostic tests. Incumbent also assists in general office processes, and will also fill in for the Clinic Front Office Assistant, as needed. This includes greeting patients, answering phones, and scheduling patients. This position will also be responsible for verifying patient insurance, collecting co-payments, and scheduling medical office visits when working in this role. NOTE: This is a Float Position – Covering all locations as needed (30-40 hours/week)
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Two years’ experience in clinical setting and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Medical Assistant certification (CMA or RMA) is required.
• Phlebotomy certification is preferred.
• Pass and maintain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 60 days of hire.
• Office/clinic experience to be able to answer phones positively, enter data into computer, and utilize basic office equipment.
• Ability to accurately take vital signs.
• Ability to multitask and maintain organization in high stress situations.
• Strong computer skills to utilize a variety of software applications efficiently.
• Performs daily cleaning, including vacuuming, cleaning and sanitizing of patient care rooms and external areas of clinic, dusting, floor mopping, window cleaning and removal of all trash and recycling to facility dumpster.
Location: Winter Park / Granby / Kremmling / Walden