Emergency Department Registered Nurse
Reports to: Emergency Department Director
Description: The Registered Nurse providing care to the Emergency Department population is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and coordinating patient care from triage/admission to discharge/transfer utilizing accepted standards and protocols of emergency medicine including Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (or equivalent), Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC). The Registered Nurse is responsible for the achievement of most optimal patient outcomes through the implementation of clinical guidelines.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Licensed as a professional Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing preferred.
- 6 months Emergency Nursing experience or equivalent (desired).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred – required within 60 days.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) preferred – required within 180 days.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support – PALS / ENPC / or equivalent preferred – required within 60 days.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) desired.
- Ability to use computer for patient documentation – EPIC EMR experience preferred.