Today Grand County Public Health (GCPH) was notified of a confirmed positive test result for the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) involving a person with close ties to Grand County. The confirmed individual provided a sample for testing on March 17, and GCPH was notified by the facility where the patient sought testing.
Once symptoms were apparent, the patient immediately self-quarantined to help ensure the health and safety of the community. GCPH is currently conducting contact tracing and any people with very close, prolonged contact with the infected person are being notified and provided guidance. The individual works in Grand County but has a permanent residential address in another county.
“This case will not be included in the case count for Grand County through the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment’s (CDPHE) online case tracking map as the individual has permanent residence in another county,” stated Brene Belew-LaDue, Director for Grand County Public Health.
If you are concerned about your symptoms, please call your primary care provider for guidance. Your healthcare professional will work with county and state public health departments and the CDC to determine if you need to be tested for COVID-19. If you do not have a primary care physician, call your nearest healthcare facility.
GCPH encourages Grand County residents and visitors to be diligent in practicing behaviors that limit the spread of disease:
• Wash hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Stay home if you are sick and keep your children home if they are sick.
• Keep your distance from anyone who is sick.
• Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your inner elbow or sleeve, not your hand.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using EPA-approved products.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Practice social distancing by maintaining 6 feet (2 meters) between individuals.
• Do not congregate in groups of more than ten.
• If you need to enter public places such as the grocery store, use extreme caution.
Up-to-date information can be found at CO.GRAND.CO.US/COVID19. For specific questions regarding the Team’s response please call 970-725-3803 or email email@example.com. For a recorded message in English and Spanish regarding COVID-19, call 970-725-3755.